Richard Levitte wrote:

Jason Haar writes:

Under Windows (which trusts the CA), Outlook is happy to associate the cert with digital signing, and can send both signed and encrypted emails. However (and here's the shocker) *IT CAN'T READ THE "SENT ITEMS" COPY OF THE EMAIL IT JUST SENT*
Stupid or what? ;-)

My first thought is that OutLook may have stored the encrypted mail in the Sent Items folder. Meaning it's encrypted using the recipient's public key, meaning only the recipient can read them.

No - that's not it. I thought of that and so sent myself the email. As such it's encrypted with my private key + my public key (i.e. I am Bob and Alice) - so that can't be it. It's as though it has encrypting rights but not decrypting rights. However, I've checked the extendedkey options and that's not the case - they're not even mentioned - it's a cert that can do S/MIME - that's it. Thunderbird is 100% happy, Outlook is happy enough sending with it - just not reading. I also made sure my public key was associated with a Contacts entry for myself (that's how Outlook tracks public keys) - so it should have all it needs to do the job.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417