Christopher Nebergall wrote:
I've been working with some patches to curl I found on the curl mailing
list to support openssl and opensc's engine_pkcs11. Basically it consists of
Curl 7.14 + patch which adds dynamic engine support -> opensc-20050826
[engine_pkcs11.so] -> soft-pkcs11 1.2
on

Ubuntu Linux (5.04) Kernel 2.6.10-5-386

actually the openssl version would be more interesting

The problem is that engine_pkcs11 from opensc registers custom rsa
functions for its purposes.  They dlopen a pkcs11 library in my case
soft-pkcs11 which is also implemented using openssl.  The problem is
that the soft token seems to be calling the rsa functions registered by
opensc and not the original versions.  I need some advice or background
on overriding crypto implementations to figure out how to make
soft-pkcs11 not inherit the opensc's overridden functions.

you could use RSA_set_method with RSA_PKCS1_SSLeay for example

I would have
thought since soft-pkcs11 was dlopened that this wouldn't have inherited
the modified functions.

the default engine is a global parameter

Nils