GCC v3.4.3 is installed in /usr/sfw/bin with an Entire Distribution
install.  You don't need to install the Companion CD.

BTW, Solaris 10 ships with openssl v0.9.7d and also installed in
/usr/sfw (and based on an Entire Distro install - no need for the
Companion CD).

My .02...

--

begin:vcard
fn:Ricardo Stella
n:Stella;Ricardo
org:Rider University
adr;dom:;;2083 Lawrenceville Rd;Lawrenceville;NJ;08648
version:2.1
end:vcard