On Tuesday September 13th 2005 Victor T. Chevalier wrote:

> When I use the function:
>
> PKCS7_verify(pkcs7, chain, store, pkcs7BIO, outBIO);

It has an extra 'flags' argument.

> I get ^M in my output file (using unix).  Is there a reason for this?
> If so is there perhaps a flag to disable it?

Try PKCS7_BINARY as 'flags'.

Some standards require the MIME headers line endings (and only those)
to be "canonicalized" to \r\n (carriage return and linefeed) before
checking (or creating when sending) the signature.

In practice the MIME headers are mostly already in the preferred
format for both sender and receiver, and PKCS7_BINARY is then the best
solution.

But of course you do get a _different_ signature when using PKCS7_BINARY
on "non-canonicalized" MIME headers. So if the sender used \r\n as MIME
header line endings, you have to verify the signature using those first
and then change them later if they bother you.
--
Marco Roeland