Adam Jones wrote:
Visual C++ did not complain nor did it error out when it ran, but you are
correct it does take a BUF_MEM structure. I also added another BIO method to
the code. I also read that section in the book you suggested. I also made
the code simple, but it appears that it still does not give me the base64
encoding. Any suggestions...

int main()
{
        BIO *bmem, *b64;
        char message[] = "Hello World \n";
        int written = 0;

        b64 = BIO_new(BIO_f_base64());
        bmem = BIO_new(BIO_s_mem());
        bmem = BIO_push(b64, bmem);
        written = BIO_write(b64, message, strlen(message));
        cout << written << endl;
        BIO_flush(b64);
        BIO_free_all(b64);
}

Take a good look at that code...you create the memory BIO, but then never bother to use it. Specifically, you probably mean:

b64 = BIO_push(b64, bmem);

--
Thomas Hruska
Shining Light Productions

Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
http://www.slproweb.com/

Ask me about discounts on any Shining Light Productions product!