Could this software bug be something I forgot to add to my certificate when creating it?  i.e., I newly create the X509 and use PEM_write_bio_X509 and PEM_read_bio_x509...  Checking the digest on these 2 X509s is *supposed* to have the same fingerprint?  I am really not doing much here - just writing it out and reading it back...  no errors on the queue....  The same fingerprint is calculated if I dup my X509 - but once it getsd written to PEM and read back in - that is where the difference is found....  Any idea what I could be forgetting to do?

Rich Salz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anyone know why an X509 digest would be different after the X509 is
> written out and read back into another X509 from PEM?

Software bug. No other explanation.

/r$

--
Rich Salz Chief Security Architect
This address will be going away; please use [EMAIL PROTECTED]