On 10/31/05, Dr. Stephen Henson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 31, 2005, Cesc wrote:

> But, will this user.p7c be accepted on the setup of the web server (apache)?
> i tried using it with s_server ... no luck.

For those cases you can include the certificates in the trusted store (e.g.
concatenate them and use the -CAfile option) or include the intermediate CA in
the extra certificates option for Apache.

You can use s_client to check they are all sent out when you connect.

Ok ... i think the Apache stuff is clear ... you mean something like ...
<virtualhost ... >
SSLCertificateKeyFile user.privatekey.pem
SSLCertificateFile user.pem
SSLCACertificate intermediate.pem
</virtualhost ... >

Now, the thing is that i have some server and client code (a sip server and user agent) that deal with TLS ... I would like them to understand this kind of settings, i mean, a multiple level hierarchy. The current code is pretty much straight forward client or server connection, as in most examples. What extra calls needs to be done to reach this goal?

Tks!!

Cesc