We're creating custom extensions, so I went off and registered us an
OID under {2.25} to use. It's a UUID OID, so it's quite a long
numerical string.

I can create and sign certificates with the extensions in, and load
the certificates and pull extensions out by OID and everything seems fine
until I print them using "openssl x509"

It says;

        X509v3 extensions:
            2.25.2782250267.1:
                ..foo1

Now, "foo1" is the testvalue I'm putting in. 2.25 is the right root
for the tree, .1 is the value under our domain. However "2782250267"
isn't our OID...

Our OID, is 30 digits long and starts "14141...6731". Is there
something in the x509 printing system that's truncating them? (which
is not a major issue) [The number looks like it could be the 32 lsbs?]

Or is it being truncated when being inserted into the certificate?
(Which would be an issue, since we could get clashes..)