Farid Izem wrote:
Hi Goetz,
Hello Farid,

What do you mean by subjectAltName=DNS:host1.domain1,DNS:host2.domain2,... ??
I have to change the openssl.cnf ?
Can you please more explicit ?

Lets try:
To tell your client(s) that this server certificate is good
for more than one host name, you can either set multual
common names in the DN containing the host names you want (old style),
Or set multual subjectAltName extensions (new (PKIX) style)

To insert one or more subjectAltName extensions you
modify the openssl.cnf to contain them with the
subjectAltName=DNS:host1.domain1,DNS:host2.domain2,...
line in the section containing the extensions.

But this doesn't work with stone age (broken) browsers.

On 11/23/05, *Goetz Babin-Ebell* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Farid Izem wrote:
     > I d'like to generate a Sefl Signed SSL Certificates which will be
    serve for
     > multi hosted sites on the same server.

    subjectAltName=DNS:host1.domain1 ,DNS:host2.domain2,...

Bye

Goetz

--
DMCA: The greed of the few outweighs the freedom of the many