On Mon, Nov 28, 2005, Stefan Vatev wrote:

> Another question bothering me what is written in the ocsp
> documentation. This is done when all other verification
> checks failed:
> "
> Otherwise the root CA of the OCSP responders CA is checked
> to see if it is trusted for OCSP signing. If it is the OCSP
> verify succeeds.
> "
>
> My question is whether this check is openssl-specific or is
> RFC-based, because I've been searching for it  in RFC2560
> with no success.

This is covered by 2.2 and the possibility of "a Trusted Responder whose public
key is trusted by the requester".

The RFC leaves the criteria under which the public key will be trusted by the
requester open. It is one way under which a "global responder" can be trusted.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.