----- Original Message -----
From: "Arno Garrels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Eduardo Pérez Ureta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: BIO_write fails after upd 0.9.7i => 0.9.8a

Eduardo Pérez Ureta wrote:
> On 2005-12-04 13:12:29 +0100, Arno Garrels wrote:
>> I'm using non-blocking BIO pair, transport is non-blocking
>> sockets (Windows).
>>
>> BIO_write() returns -1 and BIO_should_retry() = 0.
>> Error is "error code; 336416834 in .\ssl\s3_lib.c line 1607".
>>
>> It happens in accept state after a successfull handshake when
>> protocol version > SSLv2 has been negotiated and the first chunk of
>> application data shall be written to the sslbio, this is the first
>> response to a HTTP GET after the handshake.
>>
>> If I ignore that error all subsequent write attempts succeed.
>> In between nothing realy happend except two calls to BIO_ctrl_pending(),
>> one on the network BIO and one on the sslbio.  Also any further requests
>> are answered w/o any error.
>>
>> Any hint is welcome, thanks.
>
> Could you submit a simple .c testcase that we can compile locally to test
> the problem?

Unfortunately I cannot, since I'm not a C developer. However I can provide a
detailed debug log that includes all the BIO operations including plain and
encrypted data, URL of the zipped file(~40 KB) is

http://www.duodata.de/misc/Debug_Out_SslWebServ.zip

The error occurs at line #260, there are two connections logged, test client
was IE6 that closed the first connection to let the user verify the untrusted
certificate.

Thanks,

Arno Garrels