Hi Fred,

Thanks for the response.

I have read the manual page ;-) However I don't understand the full
implications of using or not using this function in a server.  If I
use it what does the client do with it?  Does the client still need
a copy of the root certificate or is this provided automatically by
the server?  The O'Reilly Book makes no mention of this function
that I can find.

Do I need to program the client side any differently?

Does SSL_load_client_CA_file() load the relevent information from the
root certificate or do I have to do something else to get this info?

Thanks & Regards,
Mark