I want to create a public key that is the same strength as the private
key.

These are the openssl commands I am using:

PrivateKey:
openssl genrsa -out mykey.pem 2048

PublicKey:
openssl rsa -in mykey.pem -out mycert.pem -outform PEM -pubout

I need the public key to match the size constraints, as I am using then
to encrypt and decrypt and when I try to use the public key the bioerr
spits out"

When I run my code using openssl I am trying to decrypt using my public
key,
I get:

3500:error:0406506C:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_DECRYPT:data greater
than modlen:rsa_eay.c:308

I want to decrypt with the public key.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!