From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dr. Stephen
Henson
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 8:08 AM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: OpenSSL FIPS Certification

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006, Kyle Hamilton wrote:

> 0.9.7h is FIPS certified, as long as you build with unmodified sources
> (and this is checked with an SHA check on the sources in question).

Err no IT IS NOT. The version submitted for validation included various changes
to sequestered code (the stuff under fips/). No released version of OpenSSL
currently includes these changes.

The current 0.9.7-stable snapshot sequestered code matches the submitted
version. 0.9.7j (not yet released) and later releases will also match it.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson. Email, S/MIME and PGP keys: see homepage OpenSSL project
core developer and freelance consultant.