On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 07:24:56AM -0800, John Doe wrote:
>    ld.so.1: /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.7: open
>    failed: No such file or directory
>

>    I don't understand 'cause openssl is correctly installed and my $PATH
>    and
>
>    $LD-LIBRARY_PATH seem to be correct.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is a bit of a frig, which is best avoided. Read 'man crle'
to see the way to add /usr/local/ssl/lib to your permanent library search
path under Solaris.

I'm not sure if Solaris has ldd, but this can be useful for troubleshooting
too: try

    ldd /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl

It might show you that libssl in turn depends on some other library which it
can't find.

Regards,

Brian.