My point was... why on Linux did I need only libssl and to compile the same client on Windows/MinGW requires libssl and libeay32. I could not find a lot of doc about the differences between the two. The only thing I've found said libeay32 is the predecessor of openssl. Is that right ?

Dr Henson, you've made clear the distinction between libssl and libcrypto. But what are the distinctions between eay and ssl ???

Thanks !

Chandi

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006, Kyle Hamilton wrote:

> This brings up a really interesting point.
>
> What is the appropriate separation of functions?  What can I presume
> is in each library?  (eay32 is crypto stuff.  ssl32 should be the BIO
> and SSL session management stuff?)

libssl or its equivalent is the SSL/TLS library. Everything else is
libcrypto.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.