Hi Chen,

On Sa, 04 Mär 2006, Chen Talos wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>  I'm Talos. I recently have a project to do which is based on OpenSSL. So
> I downloaded it and have installed it. But when I want to read the
> documents of it, I found the documents have a 'pod' extension which I don't
> know. Can anybody tell me something about this type of file? Thanks in
> advance.

The pod-format is the shortcut of (Perl Online Documentation). That means
that these file could be easily adopted and used for Perl-scripts as
online-documentation. There are several tools to convert POD-format to other
formats, see pod2html, pod2man, pod2latex, pod2text, and pod2usage.
For further details see the 'man perlpod'.
And, of course, the pod-format is a quite easy to understand plain-text
format. So you could simply read the pod-files directly with your favourite
pager or editor.

Ciao, Georg