From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jagannadha Bhattu G
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:42 AM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: calling SSL_library_init multiple times

Thanks Nils and Andrew for the replies.

-JB

On 2/27/06, Nils Larsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jagannadha Bhattu G wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I call SSL_library_init multiple times in my code under different
> threads?

as SSL_library_init() initializes global tables it should only
be called from one thread a time and of course no other thread
should use the global data while SSL_library_init() is running.
Ideally it should be run once before the threads using ssl are
created.

> From the documented return values,

it always returns 1 but this doesn't mean it's reentrant

Cheers,
Nils