Dear members,

out customer sent a pkcs#7 certification request to his CA containing the DN

[ req_distinguished_name ]
C=DE
O=ITSG TrustCenter fuer Arbeitgeber
0.OU=Braukmann Personalmanagement GmbH
1.OU=BN13538740
CN=Andrea Degler-Scheel

After processing the request the CA told him the DN was

C=DE
O=ITSG TrustCenter fuer Arbeitgeber
OU={T.61/Latin-1}Braukmann Personalmanagement GmbH
OU=BN13538740
CN=Andrea Degler-Scheel

See the difference in OU.1?   {T.61/Latin-1}
Can someone explain me what this string is for? I know it deals with
character sets.

The CA rejects the request as it contains unpermitted chars ({}).
Our customer did sent 3 requests now of which none was processed without the
problem occuring. So i have to prove now that the string was not in the file
when it was sent to the CA and was included later when processed by
the CA.

I created a self-signed certificate on the request which does not
contain the string. I also checked the decoded request-file the customer
did sent. The string is not in there.

I sent the decoded request to the CA. The reply was, it couldn't be their
problem as they correctly process more than 10000 requests a month. I should
ask my software vendor. I do so now:)
Does someone know a simple reason why that string is put in the DN while
proessing a certification-request?

Just to let google know about that CA: ITSG Trustcenter.

thx in advance,

Tom Horstmann

--
PROSOFT EDV-Loesungen GmbH & Co. KG              http://www.proSoft.org
St.-Kassians-Platz 6, D-93047 Regensburg      [EMAIL PROTECTED]