I have built OpenSSL for 64-bit Windows on an Itanium platform.

Beware that if you use WinZip to untar the files, by default WinZip converts \n to \r\n in the makefiles and this breaks the Perl scripts.

I built the code on a 32-bit Windows box using the Set Win Svr 2003 IA64 Build Env (Debug) command line that comes with VisualStudio 2003. I used the makefiles to run the build process.

Nigel

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Parind Shah
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:02 AM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Is x64 working?

I'm new to this group & want to use the openssl library on Win x64 platform. I want to build on Visual Studio 2005 or 2003. I've tried to build the 0.9.8a release & latest snapshots without success. I've followed instruction in the INSTALL.W64 file, but it does not successfully compile & link.

Have any one successfully build these on VS 2005 / x64 combination?  Does anyone have .sln or .vcproj files?