Ken Snider wrote:
Greetings,

I have a certificate, signed by a CA that is not under my control. I'd like
to sign this cert with my own CA as well. Is such a thing even possible? If
so, can it be done using the CA.pl script, or will I need to interact with
openssl directly?

AFAIK, the chain of trust is linear, i.e., one cert certified by a CA whose cert is certified by another CA....

There are no branches like 2 CAs certifying the same cert. In that case you usually have 2 certs certified by each of them.

-jb