george r smith wrote:
All,

If I have learned anything from socket code it is that you can never be sure if you get a partial or a full packet.

While that is true if you are using a socket associated with say a TCP connection, it is not true if you are using a socket associated with UDP, nor, at least in some modes, SCTP. "It depends" :) The question isn't whether something is a socket, but what is the protocol beneath the socket.

rick jones

as for the rest of the question, if the encryption layer didn't in and of itself provide message boundaries, one could I assume start to decrept the possibly partial message and proceded as in the non-encrypted case?