On Thu, Apr 27, 2006, Matthieu BONETTI wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I agree on the fact that MS can import/export certificates in DER format (and
> pk12 as well).
> I'm not familiar with MS system and MS programmation but I understood that
> Windows really stores
> certificates in pieces (In the registry, in files in UserData directory). So
> what I need is to
> get the certificate (with MS Capicom API) and change it to feet into a X509
> structure.
>
> That way, it would be possible for me to use the certificate with OpenSSL.

If you are using C then CryptoAPI is probably the easiest thing to use. If you
look at all the Cert*() functions you'll find loads of stuff for locating the
certificate you are interested in.

These often return a pointer to a CERT_CONTEXT structure. The buffer at
pbCertEncoded for cbCertEncoded bytes contains the DER form.

>From those you can create an X509 structure using d2i_X509(): don't forget the
FAQ comment about using a temp pointer.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.