Those referenced statements are for specific platforms which do NOT use openSSL for SSL operation with IBM products.
Harakiri wrote:

--- "Steven A. Bade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

the IBM 4758 card.
The engine code you refer to was not done by IBM as
far as I know, I believe it was done at a university.

Yes i know, therefor i ask if anyone already has done
something similar. Or even if someone in-the-known can
tell me if the 4758 and 4764 are similar in the api so
that it would be easy to change the existing 4758
driver...

Considering that the core market of the 4764 and the
CCA api is at the ATM Pin/Transaction space, why would you expect IBM to do openSSL integration.

Easy - because IBM advertise the card not only for PIN
transactions but also for SSL Certificates - let me
quote

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzajc/rzajcco4758.htm

QUOTE
"You can use a Cryptographic Coprocessor along with
DCM to generate and store private keys associated with
SSL digital certificates. A Cryptographic Coprocessor
provides a performance assist enhancement by handling
SSL private key processing during SSL session
establishment."

And as you should be aware of, the most common
webservers use openssl libaries for SSL...

BTW: I even believe that IBM already programmed such
an engine driver (for a specific project maybe), but
since IBM is a pretty big company the right hand
doesnt know what the left hand does.. =)