.pod files are processed by pod2man, which is a standard part of perl.
Type 'man man' to determine how to show those files -- on some
systems it's merely 'man 3 SSL', others  require different command
line arguments (I'm not a user of OSX, so I can't help you directly).
However, there should also be a command that you can pipe the output
of that man command through (often 'lpr', but again, you have to check
with OSX's documentation) to print it directly.

Hope this helps!

-Kyle H