Hi,

I am running into a serious issue.

I need to build OpenSSL with FIPS complaint in HP-UX - 32-bit & 64-bit for
both PA-RISC & IPF platform.

According to the Security Policy of FIPS 140-2. The configuration parameter
other than the following will violate the FIPS complaint.

./config fips

When I execute this it defaultly select the compiler. And gives a warning
message as below.

For example,
In IA-64.

./config fips

Operating system: ia64-hp-hpux1x
WARNING! 64-bit ABI is the default configured ABI on HP-UXi.
        If you wish to build 32-bit library, the you have to
        invoke './Configure hpux-ia64-cc' *manually*.
        You have about 5 seconds to press Ctrl-C to abort

It defaultly selects 64-bit ABI. I'm in need of 32-bit ABI. As suggested in
the warning message, can I use

./Configure fips hpux-ia64-cc

Will this *violate* the FIPS security policy?

If so, how can I select the compilers?

The same problem occurs in PA-RISC built, it selects hpux-gcc compiler in
default. But I need to compile using hpux-cc.

I want to *SOLVE* this problem without breaking the FIPS standards.

Kindly guide me. Thanks in advance.

--Haridharan.