How do you mean?  Windows will support the forward slash convention,
as will openssl.  If you use backslashes, you may need to double them.
If you are using a space in any of the directory or filenames, the
full path must be surrounded by doublequotes or else OpenSSL will
interpret it as two different arguments.

I don't recall the specifics at this moment, unfortunately --
allergies plus chlortrimeton make for bad memory.  However, try the
suggestions that I mention above, and report back with your findings.
:)

-Kyle H