> One thing I do not get is: "Each thread has it's own SSL context ".
Yes I setup the SSL_CTX in each thread. I have also taken it out of the
threads into main() creating one global context BUT this gives the same
error.

- Even if it gives the same error, I think you should persue the route of
creating one context in the application, and using the context to create the
SSL objects in each of the threads. This is a correct way to design, I
guess. Once the correct design is implemented, then we can try to diagnose.

> Therefore, I think creating as many SSL contexts as many threads are there
> is an issue.
Exactly - what is the issue? If a 1000 threads work why not 1500?

- Again, 1000 threads may work today, but if the design is flawed, then
there is no certainty that it will work tomorrow. Maybe there is some
undiagnosed bug that is not manifesting with 1000 threads, but is
manifesting with 1500 threads. Since the design is flawed, it is not worth
to chase this question.

Are you on on Windows or *Nix? random seedning is done differently in
different systems, therefore this is important to know.

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems
Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.