Hi,

I am new to openssl. How do we tell the SSL client to trust the server certificate in advance using openssl APIs. For example, when we have the trusted root from the webserver, we can use SSL_CTX_set_verify_locations function to tell the client to trust the server certificate if it matches the trusted root.
But when we have only the server certificate(before making the connection itself) instead of the trusted root, which function can be used to tell the ssl client to trust the server certificate? Can any one explain me?

Thanks,
Ravi.