sorry if I misunderstood you, but AFAIK, pure sockets API doesnt allow socket reuse as such. You have to have a new socket for every TCP connection, you can't "reuse" a socket.

From: "Carlo Agopian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <openssl-users@openssl.org>
CC: "Carlo Agopian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: SSL Error
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 08:35:13 -0700

Hello,

Has anybody seen the following runtime error message before?

        error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

It seems to be coming from the following openssl function: ERR_error_string(m_sslError, 0).  This error occurs in a C++ client application that sends SSL encrypted messages over TCP-IP.  The application is developed and executed in AIX5.2 O/S and uses 0.9.7d version of SSL.  The error occurs when I try to reuse a socket that I had previously opened.  After this error message I am able to open a fresh socket and successfully send a message.  The interesting thing is that this only happens on a certain server, and of course it is not the development server.  When I disable SSL encryption, the error does not occur.  I'm not readily able to do any debugging on this server so, before I go digging into all the difference between the 2 servers, I was wondering if anybody has seen this error message and can provide some clues.

Thank you,

Carlo Agopian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]