-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Krishna M Singh
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:29 AM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: How to change "Common Name" field in a self-signed
certificate at run time

U can have a set of APIs to generate the cert with some configurable
common name on the fly... Not sure whether u want to always use a
particular self-sign cert and modifiy CN of that particular cert or u
want to generate a self-signed cert with a configurable common name...

hth
-Krishna
On 8/15/06, Xie Grace Jingru-LJX001 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the code I am programming, it's required to replace the Common Name
> (CN) field at runtime. Does anyone know how to replace one field at
> runtime without using Openssl command? Meaning by calling some routing

> to change just that one field in a self-signed certificate.
>
> Thanks,
> -Grace

-Kyle H