I am trying to decide whether building OpenSSL with
"threads" option is appropriate or not for my particular
situation.  The Configure script says that the option
"tr[ies] to create a library that is suitable for
multithreaded applications."  How exactly are the libraries
created to be suitable for multithreading?  Is it related
to how dynamic linking works for a multithreaded app?
Does it enable SSL protocols to increase efficiency by
splitting up processing among parallel threads?
Does it involve kernel-specific code to handle the
multi-threading?

Thank you for your help