All -

I'm a little confused with the following example while working with
BIO's.

I'm trying base 64 encode a buffer using BIO_f_base64 with the
following example.

     char *message = "Hello World";

      b64 = BIO_new( BIO_f_base64( ) );
      bio = BIO_new_fp( stdout, BIO_NOCLOSE );
      bio = BIO_push( b64, bio );

      BIO_write( bio, buffer, length );
      BIO_flush( bio );

Ok great this works fine, but I"m confused why you write to the bio if
it's on the end of the chain (b64-bio) where the bio is the stdout.  I
would think it should look more like the following...

           bio = BIO_push( b64, bio);
           BIO_write( b64, buffer, length );

And the chain would look something like (b64-bio) where you write to
the encoder and it writes to stdout?

If someone could clear this up it would be great as I'm a little confused.

--
Chris Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]