> > Certainly. Nothing in the OpenSSL licenses requires you to allow
> > redistribution of any derivative works you create.

> Wrong.  See the following:
>
> "...The licence and distribution terms for any publically
> available version
> or
>  derivative of this code cannot be changed..."
>
> http://www.openssl.org/source/license.html

        I always assumed that "publically available version" meant an open
source
distribution and didn't apply to proprietary code where the source isn't
made available at all. But now that you point it out, it's not clear at all
exactly what that means. In any event, it doesn't compel you to make the
source available, but it could mean that you can't prevent redistribution of
the binaries.

        DS