Hi All,

I'm trying to work out how to create a multi-value RDN using an automated openssl.cnf file as per RFC2253. From the RFC, it has this example:

Here is an example name containing three RDNs, in which the first RDN
   is multi-valued:

   OU=Sales+CN=J. Smith,O=Widget Inc.,C=US

Within OpenCA, you can create one of these multi-value RDNs by editing a request, but I'm trying to work out how to correctly create one from a config file.

Also, can anybody explain the binary format of how a multi-value RDN is stored and how the two separate RDNs (in this case OU+CN) are linked and referenced?

Any help would be appreciated.

James Lever
Senior Systems Analyst
--