> Agreed.  If any object in shared memory contained a pointer to another
> object in shared memory this could cause a problem.  You would have to
> ensure that the shared memory was mapped to the same address in all
> processes otherwise the pointers would not be valid.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Since he's talking about a process that forks, there shouldn't be a problem.
He just needs to create a shared mapping in the parent. After the 'fork',
the address will still be the same.

However, in general, I think OpenSSL really could benefit from the ability
to serialize an SSL session (and everything else it might need from its
parent context) into a chunk of bytes that can be read in and used to
initialize a free-floating session (creating private copies of other
associated objects if needed).

This would be handy both for debug and to allow an SSL session to be handed
off.

DS