David Peat wrote:
Hi,
I’m trying to build some openssl functionality into a product using a MIPS 4Kc based processor running at 225 mips and coming up against significant performance problems.

For example, to generate RSA keys (using the call RSA_generate_key()) takes approx 50 seconds.

Based on figures we’ve heard for comparable processors (for example a 350 mips powerpc carries out this task in 6 seconds) we’d expect this to be significantly faster.

Nice to see that the myth of mips is alive and well :)

So my question is: does anyone know of any particular issues with the MIPS 4Kc architecture which would cause key generation to be an inefficient process?

Perhaps by using 'C' versions of routines rather than hand-crafted assembly - or there being no hand-crafted assembly for it ot use?

rick jones