Ok, since I got no replies, I will now ask "how" to do what I believe is
required to make this happen.

Basicly I have the follow steps to do.

Strip the already PKCS7 signature from the firmware
Create a PKCS7 signature of my own of the firmware (this is the easy part)
Inject the signature I created into the original firmware PKCS7 structure.

This way the file is signed by both the Manufacture and the me.

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Anything would be helpful.

o is sign with your code the original firmware. So you need to strip away the
manufactures CVC code to
create your signature in PKCS7 DER format. After you have done this, you need
to then take the signature you created and
inject it into the original firmware file into the PKCS7 format with the
manufactures CVC code.