Michal Trojnara wrote:
> On Sunday 10 December 2006 00:42, Ben Sandee wrote:
>> On 12/9/06, Michal Trojnara wrote:
>> > The library is OpenSSL 0.9.8d configured with:
>> > ./Configure threads shared zlib debug-linux-elf
>> >
>> > Can you help me find a solution or a better workaround?
>>
>> Did you set the threading/locking callbacks to valid implementations?
>> (for
>> reference, see http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/threads.html)  We
>> haven't
>> experienced any concurrency issues once these are set properly for the
>> target platform.
>
> Of course.  The code is there since version 3.0b4 released on 1999.03.22:

One question about http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/threads.html.

It claims that:
"Additionally, OpenSSL supports dynamic locks, and sometimes, some parts
of OpenSSL need it for better performance."
and:
"Also, dynamic locks are currently not used internally by OpenSSL, but may
do so in the future."

Aren't these statements mutually exclusive?  How can the dynamic locks be
"needed" and "not used" at the same time?  Do I have to support them or
not?  I'm confused...

Best regards,
    Mike