All,

This is my first post, so if this is an FAQ, I apologize (but I did search
the archives first.)

I'm trying to build openssl 0.9.8D on a SunFire 280R running Solaris 10.
I'm using SunStudio 11.

The error I'm seeing is the same one that another user reported, wherein I
am unable to complete the 'make test' step because I  get an error as
follows:

Testing cipher AES-128-ECB(encrypt)
.
.
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test_evp'

In the previous post, another subscriber suggested patching SunStudio 11.
I applied all the patches I could find on SunSolve (namely, 120761-03,
121023-04, and 122142-03.)  I'm getting the same result, so I'm really
baffled at this point.   Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Manager, Data Center and Backup/Recovery Services
Information Services
i2 Technologies, Inc.