Hello!

I'm developing an application for requesting certificates at a Microsoft
CA. I use the openssl libraries to bulid my certificate request.

The request to the MS CA needs the "enroll certtype extension" (OID
1.3.6.1.4.1.311.20.2) where I put the name of the certificate template
in.
I've already put the extension in the right place using
X509_EXTENSION_create_by_NID(), sk_X509_EXTENSION_push() and
X509_REQ_add_extensions_nid().
Now the problem is, that the value is inserted as an OCTET STING. But I
want to set it as an BMPSTRING. What ever I tried - the value always
comes as octet string in my request. The problem seems to be, that the
Extension structure only takes octet strings, so I think, that the
bmpstring has to set as some kind of subfield?!

Can anybody tell me how to set an BMPSTRING in my extension?

Thanks.

Michael