  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Hartman
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 3:44 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: RE: Fips Compilation on Solaris 10

Actually, I ran into this as well. The problem is with a command "echo
-n ..." used to create the list of objects to put into the FIPS archive.
Bourne shell's echo doesn't use the -n, it is perceived as part of what
to echo.

I found I could avoid this problem by using the GNU linker. GNU's linker
actually has a -n option, so it does not cause an error. However, I do
not know if there are adverse impacts to linking with the -n option.

-David

  _____