I don't know if this is causing your problem, but if the session cannot
be re-established due to the timeout, you could set the socket option,
SO_REUSEPORT, on both the client and server sockets when they are
created.  (NOTE: Check that it is supported on your platform, if not,
then you would have to use SO_REUSEADDR.)

Later . . .   Jim