Hello,

I’ve set up an Apache webserver for some testing purposes. I’ve also built
my own little CA, I can create certificates and CRLs (using the commandline
for everything). Everthing works quiet fine but now I’ve got the following
question concerning CRL Distribution Points / Partitioned CRLs.

Assume that I’ve got a lot of certificates and and lot of them are revoked.
Is it possible to create a CRL (called A) for the first part of my
certificates and a second CRL (called B) for the second part of my
certitificates?
Going one step further, I want to have a look at my index.txt (where I can
find all my issued certificates) and create a CRL telling openssl the range
of the certificates. Is there a command (an option or something else) that
my CRL will begin with the certificate X (serialnumber X) and end with the
certificate Y (serialnumber Y)?

I’m thankful for any ideas. Please let me know if you need further
information like my config-files or something else.

best regards domi