On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 02:28:57PM -0800, Shane McDonald wrote:

>   I have a hardware acceleration engine on a board for which I've got a
> Linux device driver, but I don't have an OpenSSL driver for the engine.
        ^^ kernel ^^                    ^^ application ^^
> Is it possible to configure OpenSSL to use the Linux crypto API so that
> I can take advantage of the hardware acceleration engine until I've got
> an OpenSSL driver written?

Google for:

        OpenSSL engine Linux Crypto API
    OR
        OpenSSL engine Linux CryptoAPI

You find for example:

http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2005-February/031059.html

and other related material, you need a user-land engine for OpenSSL that
talks to the Linux device driver throught a suitable /dev/special file
and appropriate ioctl() operations...

--
        Viktor.