> So what you are saying is the scenario we have been discussing so far is
> possible ONLY in case of memory allocation issues NOT OTHERWISE.
> I guess I will have a look at the SSL_connect code before I just
> trust this
> :-)

I would still recommend coding to handle this case. Perhaps the next version
of OpenSSL will include a check in SSL_connect that this version does not
have. It's not a good idea to build undocumented insider information about a
library into code that calls into that library. You should do that only when
there is a very good reason.

DS