[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I saw a tantalizing thread from 2006 in the mailing list archives that
> talked about adding an mingw target to Configure and I wonder if that's
> not the way to go.  Should I add powerpc-linux and arm-linux target
> lines to Configure to do what I want?  If so, I don't see how; the
> existing targets are inscrutable to me.  Can someone point me to
> documentation on their format?  Or advise me on a better way to do this?

I cross-compiled OpenSSL on ARM and MIPS a couple months ago, to perform
some RSA benchmarking. I remember hacking the linux-generic target to
use arm-linux-gcc instead of gcc also added -static to the CFLAGS. There
is probably a more elegant way to do it, but at least it got the job done.

Christophe