On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 03:31:36PM -0700, Jyothi Jagadish wrote:

> Hi
> I am looking at how to share SSL session between
> parent and child processes
>
> So scenario would be
>
> Application opens up a SSL session
> Does Read write
> Forks and then does read write
> Then when child process exits, the parent process
> would continue to read and write.

This is not possible with OpenSSL, you have save SSL_SESSION objects
in an external cache, which allows "session resumption", saving CPU
cost of complex PKI handshakes, but there is no support for migrating
SSL connections between processes, the state of the symmetric cipher,
buffered encrypted and decrypted data, ... are not serializable.

--
        Viktor.