Neetee Pawa a écrit :
> However for me .. the binaries did not work once i compiled in 32 bit
> mode. May be they work for you.

Depending on what your issue was, that reminds me that I use the exact
following to build:

PREFIX=openssl-0.9.8d

export LD_OPTIONS="-R/usr/local/${PREFIX}/lib"
./Configure solaris-x86-cc \
  --prefix=/usr/local/${PREFIX} shared \
  -R/usr/local/${PREFIX}/lib

The LD_OPTIONS is important, else the openssl command lacks the RUNPATH
needed to find its own corresponding library, and won't run (it's a bug
in the OpenSSL build script that do not use the -R added on the command
line, nor the --prefix to set a correct RUNPATH).
The libraries themselves worked.

Laurent