Hi Kyle,

  Thanks for the prompt response.

  But I think my problem is my project doesn't want to produce the public
key from openssl rsa command, because we need to get the public key in the
rsa PEM format at the time when we issued the certificate and upload it to
our production database.  And the CA doesn't have a copy of the user private
key to generate this openssl rsa public key.  So we need somehow to be able
to get the rsa public key from the user certificate.

  Have any ideas?

  The command "openssl rsa -pubin -in rsa.public -noout -text" will only
work if I generte the rsa public key using by private key.

  Thanks,
  Janet

  I think you want:
  openssl x509 -outform pem -inform <whatever> -pubkey
  This will output the public key in PEM format given the certificate as
input.

  If you'd prefer to process the certificate request, the 'req' command also
has a '-pubkey' option.

  DS